Kaiako - Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Secondary)
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has provided a fresh and vibrant alternative within the New Zealand tertiary education sector for 30 years, enhancing the skills and employment opportunities of more than 300,000 graduates.
About the position:
The primary purpose of this kaiako role is to teach tauira (students) this programme of study. Teaching involves but is not limited to developing lesson plans, presenting material to tauira, sourcing workshop/tutorial presenters, responding to tauira learning needs, evaluating tauira progress and enabling tauira achievement. Also includes effective supervision of tauira engaged in practice-based learning (Te Mahi Whakatau).
- You will hold a Master's Degree in Education or related field, and a minimum Graduate Diploma in Teaching
- NZ Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education (L5) or we can help you work towards gaining this
- Teaching experience in NZ Secondary Sector
- Teaching Council - NZ Practicing Certificate (Current)
What we offer
- We offer ongoing training & development for kaimahi
- Follow on education
- Exceptional Performance Increase (you have the opportunity to apply for a salary increase if you exceed your KPIs)
- Southern Cross Health Insurance
- Be apart of a culturally enriched organisation.
- Fluent in spoken and written te reo Māori and can provide guidance and leadership in this area.
If this position sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Tertiary provider details
1 Factory Road, Te Awamutu
P O Box 151, Te Awamutu, Waikato, 3840