We are seeking a leader to support our team of 'teaching practitioners'.
You will be the key person responsible for the smooth sailing of all operations at our centre in Havelock North.
Our centre is unique along with its setting and Awhina is looking for a leader that can champion the ultimate experience with excellence for children, parents and staff.
You will have the support of a senior management and administrative team behind you to ensure your success.
To apply for this unique position, you will need to hold a current New Zealand teacher registration and have experience working with the Licensing Criteria for ECE and relevant Ministry of Education regulations.
Key skills and knowledge also required to be successful in this role:
- You will be an advocate for brand excellence and ultimately the lead communication between all staff, parents and management
- You will be familiar with centre compliance, record keeping, enrolment processes and be 'audit ready' and have the confidence to lead and re-direct a team
- Coaching staff toward success is part of your nature, but you have the ability to foster and recognise 'brilliance' in others
- Ability to multitask and delegate tasks successfully, to ensure all daily requirements are met
- Conflict resolution skills
- Sound reporting and documentation skills.
The daily Awhina homemaking rituals and rhythms are pivotal around the children in our care. Our holistic approach is woven through every part of Awhina.
The children learn and play inside with arts, crafts and resources all made from beautifully crafted natural materials. Outside the children get to explore and play in our biodynamic garden and grounds, including our family of chickens! The nutritious vegetarian meals are carefully planned and prepared from organic produce, some harvested from our seasonal herb and vegetable garden.
Early applications are encouraged.
ECE centre details
37 Duart Road, Havelock North
P O Box 8720, Havelock North, Hawkes Bay 4157