Early learning teacher
Do you love working with children? Do you love watching them grow and helping them learn in the critical early years?
Our ECE centre is looking for new full-time and part-time teachers to join our growing centre.
This position offers the chance to:
- Develop competent practices in facilitating children’s engagement in learning
- Create and maintain a safe environment that is conducive to learning including displays and provocations/invitations that reflect current interests and make learning visible
- Being a part of a team that makes a real difference in our community
The day-to-day responsibilities include (but not limited to).
- Providing quality day-to-day holistic care and education for children
- Actively participating in programme with children to encourage and enhance learning
- Incorporating positive and age appropriate communication and interactions into programmes
- Making recommendations for integrating individual children's strengths and interests drawing on current theories and practices.
Those most likely to succeed will have the following skills and experience:
- Early Childhood Education qualification OR will be qualified by 2021
- Experience working with young children, ideally in an educational setting
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
If you're living out of town and wanting to move to Whanganui we also have a relocation package to offer. To enquire more please email us.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews set up as they come in so apply now!
YMCA is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record check before commencement of employment
ECE centre details
125 Grey Street, Whanganui
P O Box 622, Whanganui 4500