Early learning teacher
Pioneers is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to provide high-quality education and care that is accessible, affordable and flexible for the families of Ōtepoti/Dunedin. Underpinned by 3 principles – nurture, thrive and explore – we pride ourselves on being an organisation that employees are proud to be part of. We are party to the ECE Collective Agreement which offers excellent employment terms and conditions.
We are seeking a teacher who:
- Has a passion for teaching children, identifying and responding to learning priorities for children, in a mixed age centre 0-5 years.
- Is committed to, and has evidence of, upholding the principles of Te Tiriti Waitangi
- Has experience with Te Whariki supported by evidence of rich curriculum assessment, planning and evaluation implementation and documentation
- Can demonstrate effective strategies to support children’s social and emotional wellbeing (familiar with He Mapuna te Tamaiti)
- Has effective communication and interpersonal skills with evidence of having worked collaboratively in a team
- Open to taking leadership responsibilities within a team
- Open to ongoing professional learning.
- Is fit and energetic with a high level of personal resilience.
This is a permanent 37.5 hours per week position. Applicants would need to be available for flexible shifts between the hours of 7.30am–6pm.
Applicants will only be considered if they are early childhood qualified and hold a current NZ teaching practice certificate. This position would suit a beginning teacher.
ECE centre details
86 Elm Row, Dunedin
5 Cavell Street, Musselburgh, Dunedin 9013