Qualified early learning kaiako
We are looking for a full-time kaiako to join our teaching team. This is a brand-new position that will mean we will regularly be teaching above ratio. Having this seventh teacher will also mean better quality, more time, more support, less stress, greater ability to be the kind of teacher we all want to be and along with competitive salaries and a full five hours of non-contact per week will make joining our whanau a desirable opportunity for the right person.
We are a mixed age centre from 1 to 5 years and are passionate about the benefits of a tuakana/teina educational philosophy that is an integral aspect of our small, inner city centre along with our emphasis on whanau/family.
The kaupapa of Te Kainganui is to follow the lead of children and their interests; which is balanced by our well-established intentional teaching and planning programme oriented around Te Tiriti and Pacifica curriculum priorities.
Our philosophy is anchored in a belief in the vital importance of relationships, secure attachment and respectful interactions focused on child agency and empowerment.
- A motivated, enthusiastic teacher, who is able to put current theory into practice who is always working to improve and grow.
- A passion for working in a mixed-age centre, with both U2 and O2 aged tamariki
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Te Whāriki
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
- Has knowledge and strategies of how to support the curriculum, planning, and assessment within the centre
- Committed to creating/maintaining strong, positive relationships within the wider community
- Able to demonstrate a growth mindset, be open and willing to change
- ECE registered and qualified
If you are interested in joining our learning community we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAH2v
ECE centre details
64 Tasman Street, Mt Cook-Wellington, Wellington
64 Tasman Street, Wellington, Wellington 6021