An opportunity has arisen to join the team in our prepschool room teaching children 3–5 years. If you are a qualified, self-motivated, passionate teacher with respectful practices and a strong work ethic then this could be the position for you. Ideally, this would be someone with previous experience and a good understanding of ECE assessment. Approximately 35 to 40 hours per week starting at the end of February.
The successful applicant will have:
- An ECE qualification. Graduate teachers are welcome to apply
- A calm and nurturing personality
- Great communication skills – able to build relationships with tamariki, whānau and colleagues
- Good written skills – experience using Storypark is helpful
- A great sense of humour bringing a sense of fun to the day
- A passion for sustainability.
In return we offer:
- A beautiful home-like and well resourced preschool with spacious staff areas for non contact etc
- Free uniform
- An excellent advice and guidance programme and ongoing PLD opportunities
- A great, supportive team to be part of
- Subsidised childcare (if applicable)
- Great teacher/child ratios.
We are a privately owned/family business offering a friendly working environment in a spacious, home-like setting with natural playgrounds including a hen area. We pride ourselves on our strong assessment practices and programme planning offering the children numerous opportunities throughout the day to have fun while meeting their individual goals.
For more information about us please see our website.
How to apply
Please email your covering letter, CV and direct enquiries to:
Laura Barrington, Office Manager
(03) 332 1330
ECE centre details
61 St Martins Road, St Martins, Christchurch
Wintercreek RD RD1, Rangiora 7471