Teacher - early learning
- Be a part of an incredible organisation committed to quality early learning
- Opportunities for growth and career progression
- Join a dynamic, passionate and supportive team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a professional team providing quality early childhood education and care that meets the individual needs of children and their families.
About the role:
Qualified teachers at Barnardos work in partnership with parents and Whanau to encourage children's curiosity, learning and development. You will assess, plan and implement a curriculum to infants, toddlers and young children that reflect current approaches to effective teaching and learning. This role is based at our Clendon Early Learning Centre.
- Deliver a curriculum aligned to Te Whāriki
- Plan, implement and evaluate a learning programme that is responsive to the strengths and interests of children
- Promote learning opportunities which are inclusive, equitable and culturally
- Document children's learning and take responsibilities for children's profile books and e-portfolio as agreed with the centre professional leader.
Skills and experience:
- Early childhood teaching qualification recognised by the Education Council Of Aotearoa NZ and current Education Council Practising Certificate
- Experience working as a teacher in an early childhood education team setting
- Knowledge and understanding current childhood theory and practice
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills.
ECE centre details
60 Finlayson Avenue, Clendon, Auckland
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141