Senior specialist online services and learning resources
Location: Auckland or Wellington
Salary: $87,699 - $113,493
We are seeking an outstanding person for the key position of senior specialist – online learning services and resources, within the Services to Schools team at a time of dynamic opportunity and change.
The purpose of this role is to provide deep specialist knowledge and expertise in the development of online content, learning resources, and services that will foster the development of information and digital literacies and provide inspiring and relevant learning resources for educators and learners, including connections to culture and heritage.
You will work within the Online Team alongside other Services to Schools teams to build national approaches to providing accessible learning resources that meet priority needs, developing digitally literate learners and advancing digital inclusion, and supporting capability development within Services to Schools
We welcome applications for people with:
- Excellent written communication skills for print and web media in an education context
- Knowledge and understanding of New Zealand Curriculum and development and use of online teaching and learning resources
- Well-developed expertise in digital and information literacy development
- Knowledge and understanding of te ao Māori and Matauranga Māori
- Experience of working with educators and students online and in person
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing for the web in an education context
- Excellent planning, problem solving and time management skills – able to deliver to deadlines
- Advantageous to have relevant professional qualifications in librarianship and/or teaching and relevant qualification/experience in digital service development.
If you have a strong interest in and commitment to improving access to library services and resources for all learners in Aotearoa and want a job that provides challenge and leadership opportunities, we would like to hear from you.
For more information, and to apply, please see the listing on the DIA careers site here
How to apply
For more information, and to apply, please see the listing on the DIA careers site.
(027) 323 0353
The National Library of New Zealand