Qualified early learning teacher
Are you looking a career change and want to work for a small family centre licenced for 30 children?
We are a small boutique mixed-age centre who pride ourselves on our family like environment. We strongly believe whanaungatanga is at the core of all learning. With this strong focus we use tuakana/teina as an active teaching strategy to encourage active thinking, strengthen peer relationships and build independence. This is reflected in our own teaching practice where we actively encourage a shared leadership approach; understanding that each kaiako has their own areas of expertise that when shared helps bring a greater depth of teaching.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for mixed-age learning, and is looking to join a small but strong team of professional kaiako who support each other and enjoy each other’s company.
You can be assured of complete confidentiality throughout our employment process.
- You will have a genuine passion for teaching children
- Enjoy working in a shared leadership model and be actively involved in planning, coordinating and evaluating the curriculum and teaching programme
- Being part of a supportive team is vital, you must enjoy growth, change and driving continuous improvement
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written are necessary
- Experienced confident in programme planning, with a strong understanding of Te Whāriki
- A provisional or fully qualified ECE teacher with a current New Zealand practising certificate
- A current first aid certificate
- Most importantly enjoy having fun and being involved in child-led learning and play
- You need flexibility to work between 7.30am–5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAFzs
ECE centre details
11 Bailey Avenue, Enderley, Hamilton
P O Box 13012, Hillcrest, Hamilton 3251