Qualified ECE teacher
About the role - Te Kaupapa
We are looking for a passionate qualified, registered experienced teacher to support our centre! You will be part of an enthusiastic team, providing excellent care for children. The successful applicant will be punctual, reliable and a team player. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the life of the centre and its community. You must enjoy working alongside children, be a confident communicator, hardworking, and have a cheerful attitude.
Tasks are varied but your main responsibilities will be to undertake quality professional interactions with the children enrolled at our centre, follow all health and safety requirements to ensure the safety of the children/teachers and self. You will build strong relationships, be an effective communicator and connect meaningfully with our teachers, whānau and tamariki. You will be willing to share your strengths, work collaboratively, and use your initiative.
Key skills and attributes:
- A Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education is necessary
- Have experience working in Early Childhood Education with under and over two year olds, for more years than two years
- Must hold a current teacher's registration
- Ability to work five days a week
- A good knowledge of setting a stimulating learning environment for children
- Good work ethic, punctual and enjoys a multi-cultural environment
- Innovative and passionate team player with strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of team and be able to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Displays integrity, professionalism, patience and a strong character
- Ability to adapt personality and style to suit relevant audience at all age groups.
You must currently have the legal right to work in New Zealand and be qualified to be considered for this position.
ECE centre details
11 Elizabeth Street, Petone, Lower Hutt
Private Bag 39803, Wellington 5045