If you’re an experienced YES teacher with passion to provide support for schools participating in Young Enterprise programmes, we want to hear from you! We have 2 roaming teacher positions available across the country and flexibility on which region(s) they support. We are accepting applications from any region in NZ.
As a YES roaming teacher, you will provide in-school support to enterprise, business, and literacy standards teachers, thereby creating greater learning outcomes and impact for their students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Train and develop teachers around enterprise, business, and financial literacy programmes
- Support YES teachers and students to help them succeed in YES
- Recruit schools to participate in enterprise, business and/or financial literacy at junior and senior level
- Help to develop new resources, assessments, and programmes.
This is a great opportunity that allows you to:
- Use all your skills from teaching in a different way
- Learn from and network with other teachers
- Have a temporary change of scene from the classroom.
A successful candidate will ideally have:
- A minimum of five years teaching experience, with some of that time in New Zealand
- Experience in teaching YES with NCEA business studies achievement standards, and a record of students completing the programme.
- Secondment term: this is a one-year secondment from your current school running from January–December 2021 (you will retain your teaching position at your current school following the end of this secondment). There may be an option to renew for a second year depending on funding
- Salary: your salary will be your current salary as per the Teachers’ Collective Agreement. Any salary increases as part of the collective agreement during the secondment period will be honoured
- Annual Leave: the roaming teacher team will be required to collaborate, develop resources, and attend workshops over some of the school holidays.
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and details for 2 referees. Be sure to include which region(s) you will live in next year (ie, Auckland, Waikato, Canterbury, etc.)
Liz Pittman, Head of YES (aka Chief Student Wrangler)
Level 2, 93 Boulcott Street
(022) 674 4514
PD Roaming Teacher
Young Enterprise Trust
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)