Lead educator – Rotoroa Island, Auckland
Work mainly from home.
Environmental education project – Rotoroa Island, Auckland.
Supervises 2 support educators.
If you are an outdoors person with an education background the Rotoroa Island Trust has an exciting opportunity for you.
About the role
We are looking for a lead educator to help develop and run an environmental education programme on Rotoroa Island in terms 1 and 4 in 2021.
The programme will involve an experiential learning trip to the island for each class as well as before and after visits to each school by the educator
The lead educator would also be responsible for 2 support educators as well as liaising with and booking school visits, reporting on progress against outcomes and budget.
The lead educator role is up to 4 days a week from now until end of term 1.
Ideally we need a person to start as soon as possible.
Pay is approximately equivalent to Level 8 Secondary (prorated).
We need a person who has:
- Experience working with 11–14-year-olds
- Been a teacher experienced with school curriculums
- Outdoor education and related health and safety and risk management experience
- Ideally had experience or at least a genuine interest in conservation and the environment
- Independently motivated and proven ability to work to tight time frames, within budgets and agreed outputs
- Been able to provide detailed programme reviews that includes how the pilot went, was it to budget, what issues were there, how can they be resolved etc.
How to apply
Please email your CV and direct enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(021) 0246 3490
Rotoroa Island Trust