ECE teachers (2 positions)
We are a community-based early childhood education centre, providing quality Montessori education to 2½ to 6 year olds. We are committed to providing an environment where children are respected, valued and loved, promoting independence and encouraging a life-long love of learning.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 qualified and registered ECE teachers to join our experienced team from January 2021: one for four days per week, the other for five (Monday–Thursday and Monday–Friday respectively).
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- Diploma of Teaching (ECE) or higher and current NZ teacher registration
- A current first aid certificate
- Keen interest in the Montessori philosophy and teaching approach
- Relevant Montessori training and qualifications, or a willingness to enter a Montessori correspondence training programme desirable but not essential
- Respect and love for tamariki
- Warm and caring personality
- Be a supportive team member
- Show enthusiasm and a strong sense of initiative
- Commitment to the use of te reo Māori and tikanga Māori
- Dedication to continuous development
- Share our values of quality, caring, integrity, respect, responsiveness, accountability and teamwork.
- High teacher-to-child ratios
- Experienced staff team
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing professional development
- Excellent working conditions with generous non-contact time and leave provisions
- Supportive parent community
- Lovely children.
Please ring (04) 234 1489 or email for more information.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAEdr
ECE centre details
1 Albatross Close, Whitby, Porirua
P O Box 58036, Whitby, Porirua 5024