Alternative education facilitator
We are recruiting for a qualified, experienced alternative education facilitator. This position will provide ongoing support, mentoring and guidance for youth aged under 16 years and their whānau in the Grey and Westland Districts. Alt Ed provides for education and pastoral support for students who have disengaged from mainstream schooling.
Candidates will need the following skills:
- Excellent communication, both oral and written and an ability to build rapport with youth
- Ability to work alongside youth to assist them to achieve behavioural, educational and social goals
- Open minded and comfortable maintaining positive relationships and confidentiality within schools, whānau, iwi
and community groups
- Ability to be part of a wrap-around service that engages with other agencies
- Proficient in using web-based tools including a database, MS Office software and Google suite
WestREAP offer a fun, flexible workplace with excellent terms and conditions of employment.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAE7b
Location: West Coast