Educators and teachers at Barnardos work in partnership with parents and whānau to encourage children’s curiosity, learning and development. As an educator you contribute to assessment, planning and implementation of a curriculum to infants, toddlers and young children that reflects current approaches to effective teaching and learning.
We have a permanent full-time (40 hours/pw) educator position at our centre, where you would work and be supported by a passionate and professional team of teachers and leaders.
- Help deliver a curriculum aligned to Te Whāriki
- Support planning, implementation and evaluation of a learning programme that is responsive to the strengths and interests of children
- Promote learning opportunities which are inclusive, equitable and culturally responsive
- Document children’s learning and take responsibility for children’s profile books and e-portfolio, as agreed with the centre manager.
Skills and experience:
- Experience working with children, preferably in an early childhood education team setting
- The ability to use initiative and a commitment to quality practice standards and the principles of Te Whāriki
- Excellent communication skills and a 'can-do' attitude
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to make a difference to children in their early years, while building strong links with their whānau and families.
- Generous professional development time each week, with dedicated pedagogical support
- Discounted childcare for staff members
- Wellness programme, which includes flu vaccinations and discounts with health providers
- Generous sick/domestic leave allowance
- We are well respected in the community for the great work we do with children.
Please apply only if you are eligible to work in New Zealand.
ECE centre details
25 A Gilling Place, Cromwell
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141