We are looking for a deputy principal to join our team for 2021.
This role will also include a teaching component, level to be negotiated.
We are looking for someone who comprises the following:
- Upholds the vision, values and strategic aims for the learners of Sacred Heart School
- Can think strategically and understand the impact of day-to-day decisions on the ‘big picture’ objectives
- Is a team player and collaborative professional who is loyal and ethical
- Is open, approachable and consultative with staff, developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships
- Has the ability to foster strong parent/whānau/community and external agency relationships
- Is an excellent communicator with a positive outlook and a sense of humour
- Is a high expectations practitioner with knowledge of current pedagogy informing practice and proven classroom experience
- Has a growth mind-set for self and others and can manage the delicate balance of supporting and challenging others to grow
- Is a reflective practitioner
- Has an awareness of and positive attitude towards bicultural, multicultural and special education support
- Has the capabilities to maintain programmes and activities that reflect the special character of the school
- Has strong organisational skills are essential, including delegating, developing and following systems
- Has strong self-management skills including effective time management and decision-making
- Is skilled in promoting evidence-based teaching and learning, and supporting teacher inquiry into practice.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HADM4
435 North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill
435 North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill, 9810
View on map