We are looking for a qualified early childhood education teacher to join the home-based early learning team in a permanent, part-time role as a visiting teacher.
This 30 hour per week position is based in Invercargill however negotiations could be undertaken if you are located in outlying areas in Southland / Otago. The successful applicant would need to be prepared to travel in the wider Southland / Otago region.
If you are passionate about home-based child care and enjoy variety and flexible working conditions, you will enjoy this role providing professional leadership and support to educators in their homes, conducting professional development, mentoring and empowering them, while also building relationships with tamariki and their whānau.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who has:
- An early childhood teaching qualification (minimum Diploma of Teaching ECE)
- Current full NZ Education Council practising certification
- Knowledge and understanding of professional practice in early childhood education
- Experience in leading adults, including mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge and understanding of Ministry of Education legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- The ability to juggle a busy and varied workload
- A full clean NZ drivers licence.
Perks and benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Reduced cost childcare/ buying privileges
- Competitive salary and flexible working conditions.
Barnardos is New Zealand’s leading children’s charity, doing more for Kiwi kids.
In everything we do, we are guided by the core principles of Ngā Pou e Whā – our vision for working with Māori.
This is your chance to make a real and positive difference for Kiwi kids.
For more information please email Amy.
Applications will be processed from only those who are eligible to live and work in New Zealand.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HADDy