Tohaina ō painga kite ao – Share your gifts with the world
We are looking for an educator is to assist the lead educator to develop and deliver innovative education programmes with a focus on Te Taiao – natural history, science and Te Ao Māori, and supporting the facilitation and effective management of Museum’s the LEOTC contract.
- Deliver innovative education programmes with acknowledgement of Tikanga Māori and Mātauranga Māori
- Assist in developing, promoting and evaluating the Museum’s education and public programmes
- Assists in managing and developing partnerships with schools to offer curriculum-based programmes related to the museum’s exhibitions and collection, in the museum and/or off site
- Promote the education role of the Nelson Provincial Museum locally, nationally and internationally by achieving excellence in these fields of endeavour
- Assist in promotion of the concept of a ‘whole of life’ educational institution – a place where learning and entertainment take place in an informative and enjoyable setting
- Assist in effectively managing education programmes and resources.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- An advanced tertiary qualification in education or in an area related to the museum’s specialisation, or in museum studies. Ideally, this means the candidate will be a trained teacher. An ability to teach across all levels would be advantageous
- Previous experience in education and/or programme area of a museum or cultural attraction and/or delivery of digital learning programmes would be advantageous
- Sound knowledge of the objectives and curriculum of the New Zealand school system
- Confidence in using self-reflective practices
- An ability to design and implement educational programmes
- An ability in communication and museum education techniques
- An appreciation of of museum collections, environments and standards
- A commitment to Tikanga Māori and the place of Mātauranga Māori in the NZ education system.
Nelson Provincial Museum