Team leader teacher capability and collaboration
- Would you like to join a supportive and friendly organisation with a passion for education?
- Are you experienced leading teams and working in an education organisation?
- Are you an experienced teacher or principal?
An exciting opportunity in the role of a team leader has become available with the retirement of our colleague in the teacher capability and collaboration team.
Who are we?
The Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand / Matatū Aotearoa is the professional body for teachers and provides direction for the teaching profession from early childhood education through primary and secondary schooling in English and Māori medium settings.
We are committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession, learning collaboratively with teachers, supporting quality leadership and teaching, and strengthening the regulatory and disciplinary framework for the profession.
Matatū Aotearoa is an organisation that honours te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Who are we looking for?
- Current teaching practising certificate
- 5 years’ experience managing people and teams
- 5 years’ experience providing feedback and appraising teachers’ performance using Our Code, Our Standards / Ngā Tikanga Matatika, Ngā Paerewa
- 2 years’ experience managing projects, ensuring processes are followed and outcomes are delivered on time and in budget
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills; responsive to different audiences
- Knowledge of government decision-making processes would be an asset
- Strong competency in te reo and tikanga Māori will be an advantage.
The role of team leader could be an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, lead an innovative team, and build collaborative practice for the teaching profession.
Please note: we are recruiting for a permanent position, however, we will also accept applications for a 1 to 2 years’ secondment from the education sector.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAC5V
Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand