We have an exciting opportunity for a registered teacher to join our passionate and supportive team of teachers. We are looking for a dedicated, and energetic registered teacher who is committed to supporting children’s learning and development in our multi-cultural centre.
Our centre is situated right in the heart of Brooklyn village and being in such a great location means we have great engagement with the community! We provide outstanding care and education to children aged 0 to 5 years and have large and engaging play spaces for our children.
To be a successful teacher at Brooklyn Kids, the skills and experience you will possess include:
- An ECE teacher qualification and registration as an ECE teacher in NZ
- A nurturing, caring disposition and passion for supporting young children to thrive
- Strong communication skills and a sense of fun and humour to join our collaborative and friendly teaching team
- An excellent understanding of the early childhood curriculum and ability to write learning stories and contribute to the centre programme planning
- Skills in the use and understanding of te reo would be an advantage but is not essential.
As a valued team member, you can be assured of:
- A fantastic induction program with regular and ongoing mentoring and professional development
- Competitive remuneration
- Subsidised childcare (if applicable)
- Annual flu vaccination and first aid certification
- Staff uniforms
- Payment of teacher registration costs
- The opportunity to work alongside a committed and dedicated team.
If you are a registered teacher and are looking for an opportunity to grow professionally and further your skills, then apply today.
Please note: Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HABNX
ECE centre details
37-41 Cleveland Street, Brooklyn, Wellington
P O Box 628, Stanmore Bay, Whangaparaoa 0943