Teacher K1 – Northland Kindergarten Association
NKA is seeking a passionate and skilled teacher to join our team at this kindergarten, in Raumanga Whangarei.
If you are a motivated, visionary, experienced teacher, passionate about developing meaningful relationships with tamariki, families and whānau and dedicated to making a difference in our local community, then this teaching position is for you.
Our kindergarten has a team of 4 teachers, a part-time administrator, and a cook. The kindergarten currently operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 30 children between two and six years of age. From January 2020 the kindergarten will be operating on a 48-week model.
NKA is seeking applications from qualified teachers who have the following attributes:
- Able to establish and maintain authentic and professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Has experience in working in a diverse community and is able to provide opportunities and resources to remove barriers for learning
- Self-motivated, show initiative and will work collaboratively within the team
- Be able to write meaningful documentation
- Have a sense of fun and adventure as well as being passionate and enthusiastic.
Our kindergarten is part of a network of 25 kindergartens within the NKA. The kindergarten is supported by a professional practice and management team. NKA adheres to the employment conditions as offered in the Kindergarten Teacher, Head Teachers and Senior Teachers Collective Agreement 2019–2022.
Applicants must hold a recognised New Zealand ECE qualification (minimum Dip Teaching ECE), current practising certificate and first aid certificate.
How to apply
Download an application pack and a position description from the NKA website www.nka.org.nz. Please send your CV, applications, referees' reports and direct enquiries to:
Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141
(09) 435 9099 extn 8
ECE centre details
64 Murdoch Crescent Otaika, Whangarei
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141