We are looking for a qualified early childhood education teacher to join our home-based early learning services team, as a senior teacher, part-time, 16 hours per week.
If you are passionate about home-based childcare and enjoy variety and flexible working conditions, you will enjoy this role providing professional leadership and support to our visiting teachers, educators/nannies and au pairs.
This permanent position would be based at our office in Lower Hutt, Wellington. The successful applicant would need to be prepared to travel around the country to support our regions.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An early childhood teaching qualification (minimum Diploma of Teaching)
- Current full NZ Education Council practising certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of professional practice in early childhood education
- Experience in leading adults, including mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge and understanding of Ministry of Education legislation
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload with excellent time management
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- A full clean NZ driver's license
- Experience with learning stories, programme planning and some administration
- Computer skills are a must.
Our main purpose is to provide high-quality early childhood education and care that is, consistent and results in delivering high-quality learning experiences for our children.
Our senior teacher must be experienced in home-based early childhood and be able to provide support and guidance to the visiting teachers, home-based educators/nannies and au pairs to provide excellent early learning outcomes for our tamariki and whānau.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HAB0H
ECE centre details
23 Cornwall Street, Lower Hutt
P O Box 30871, Lower Hutt 5040