We are looking for an experienced early childhood educational leader to lead the team, tamariki and whānau at Pencarrow Kindergarten.
The ideal candidate will be an inspirational, creative leader and passionate head teacher, who is able to demonstrate the following:
- Professional leadership
Experience in curriculum design and delivery and a strategic thinker with a strong focus on improving the quality of education for children using self–review processes.
- Operations Leadership
- Have a working knowledge of relevant compliance related to legislation through monitoring and reporting requirements for an ECE environment
- Current professional knowledge and experience to lead curriculum design in line with Te Whāriki and Tātaiako
- The proven ability to build partnerships with whānau/families that promote positive learning outcomes for all children
- A critical thinker that generates ethical, well placed decisions that positions the child powerfully within their cultural context
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
A position description for our head teacher role can be found on our website.
Applying for this role
We will only consider candidates with proven leadership experience and all candidates must hold a:
- Minimum of Dip Tch (ECE)
- Full certification
- Current first aid certificate.
We offer competitive pay rates, 6 weeks’ annual leave and paid professional time.