Resource teacher of the deaf
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is New Zealand’s provider of education services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) children. We have a large team of specialist staff across New Zealand with specialist school provisions in Auckland and Christchurch. This new organisation came about from the merger of Kelston and Van Asch Deaf Education Centres.
We are seeking to appoint positive and enthusiastic, fully registered teachers or qualified teachers of the deaf with previous successful NZ Curriculum mainstream teaching experience and strong communication skills. You will need to have skills, or a willingness to develop proficiency, in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) and listening and spoken language practices for Deaf children. You will be required to travel to mainstream schools in the area you are appointed to, so a valid and current driver’s licence is essential. We are ideally looking to have a start date of term 1 in 2021 or earlier by negotiation.
Requirements for this position:
- Must reside within easy access to the relevant area and be willing to travel within a designated caseload
- Previous competent teaching of mainstream children and/or experience of working with Deaf children would be of benefit
- Competency in NZSL, and knowledge of current inclusive practices for diverse DHH learners an advantage but not essential
- Current drivers’ licence and full NZ teacher registration essential
- Lease vehicle or use of own car to be determined by expected weekly mileage thresholds
- Willingness to take on professional development if not already a qualified teacher of the deaf and we will assist you through this process.
Please apply online attaching your CV with details of two referees and a covering letter.
For job description: https://bit.ly/3d72Psw
We anticipate carrying out interviews mid-September.
38 Truro Street, Sumner, Christchurch
P O Box 17715, Sumner, Christchurch, 8840