We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to facilitate 3 sessions a week for our centre. You will work alongside our duty teams to plan session activities, facilitate learning and development for our tamariki using child-led play and positive guidance, and write learning stories.
Start date: position to start asap.
Hours: 9am–1pm 3 mornings a week (negotiable as to which mornings from Tuesday to Friday).
Skills and experience required
The successful applicant will need:
- A Playcentre Course 3 Playcentre qualification or higher, or an equivalent ECE qualification
- A passion for playcentre and its philosophy
- Knowledge and understanding of how to apply Te Whāriki
- Great communication skills with both adults and children
- Enthusiasm to play with a mixed-age range of children from 0–6 years
- Ability to support and empower parents/caregivers on session
- Confidence in incorporating te reo Māori and tikanga on sessions
- A current first aid qualification
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If interested please email us for further details.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA9jV
ECE centre details
23 Crawford Green, Miramar, Wellington
P O Box 57217, Camborne, Porirua 5247