Preschool room teacher
We are situated in the heart of Whitford Village in Auckland and we have a fabulous opportunity at our centre for a preschool room teacher.
You will be working in a fabulous, experienced and supportive teaching team who bring with them a wealth of experience and an undeniable energy, love and passion for our children. With a fantastic selection of open ended and natural resources, fantastic play spaces, and an Atelier, you will be able to offer children the best learning experiences and become as creative as you want! Excellent ratios will also provide you with a calm environment where you will be empowered to relish in the art of teaching with the children and teachers alike.
You will need:
- Bachelor of Teaching (ECE) or Graduate Diploma in ECE
- Provisional or full teachers registration
- Confident with programme planning
- Experience with the Reggio Emilia philosophy and inquiry-based learning would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills; writing, speaking and listening
- Self-management skills; planning, organsing, time mangement
- A love for people, big and small, and calm, loving, respectful
- Team player who is flexible, reliable and collaborative
- Sound knowledge of child development
- A happy, motivated and enthusiastic can do attitude.
- An onsite centre manager who is a qualified and experienced ECE teacher
- Supportive, collaborative and empowering working environment
- A supportive leadership team (room leaders and centre manager)
- Monthly meetings with an external mentor offering extra support and guidance (at no cost to you)
- Professional development opportunities.
This is a full-time position and on a rotating roster between 7.30am–6pm.
Bumblebees Whitford Childcare Centre
ECE centre details
9 Whitford-Maraetai Road, Whitford
P O Box 251365, Pakuranga, Auckland 2040