Do you know what it takes not only to get through, but to thrive in the first year or two of secondary school physical education teaching? Then you might be just the person we are looking for. We’re on the hunt for an awesome educator to establish a secondary school beginning year physical education teacher network.
Who we are
We are a professional non-profit organisation and incorporated society. We promote and support quality physical education.
What you’ll do
As network coordinator you will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of PENZ’s beginning year physical education teacher network project. This pilot project aims to develop and grow a network that will build the confidence, capability, and knowledge of secondary school teachers in their first one to two years of teaching physical education.
We’re looking for someone who is
- A registered, qualified, and experienced teacher of physical education – with an excellent understanding of New Zealand secondary school classroom demands, professional requirements, pedagogy, the physical education curriculum, and assessment
- An effective project manager
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Enthusiastic about helping teachers fulfil their potential
- A creative thinker, problem-solver
- An effective collaborator, and communicator, and group facilitator
- Resourceful – knows what tools, resources, sources of information, and services exist to support teachers
- A highly competent user of technology (online meetings, word processing and spreadsheets, and other project planning tools).
How to apply
Please send an email telling us why you’re a great fit for this position and attach a CV to:
Tania Cotter, CEO
(027) 244 1913
Physical Eduation New Zealand
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)