Special education advisor
- Full-time position
- Based in Porirua.
As a special education advisor you will play a critical role by:
- Supporting parents, whānau, teachers and schools to meet learning support needs of children and young people
- Developing collaborative relationships with a range of professional partners, community and sector groups and support agencies to ensure services are coordinated and effective
- Enhancing inclusive practices in schools and other educational settings
- Collaboratively planning, supporting and monitoring the implementation of individual (or group) intervention plans.
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor of Teaching or postgraduate Diploma in Special Education
- Experience working with children and young people with learning needs in classroom or other relevant setting
- Experience of supporting other education professionals to meet the needs of children and young people with additional needs
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with children, young people and their families and teachers across a diverse range of settings
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tirirti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
We offer a competitive salary and terms and conditions.
In addition, our specialists tell us they value:
- 'The ability to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people and their whānau and contribute to system wide change is a plus
- The Ministry offers a strong community of practice and support of a large organisation so I never feel isolated or alone
- I really value the ability to work closely with specialists from other disciplines. It enhances my own practice and thinking'.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the 'apply online' button.
Ministry of Education