2IC –potential to transition to centre manager role.
Committed to inspiring young minds,we are a family owned and operated early childhood organisation focused on providing the best possible learning outcomes for children.
Licensed for 150 children with 6 classrooms and 3 playgrounds – our brand new Kumeu centre offers a modern, purpose-built facility, second to none.
We value above average child to teacher ratios across all age groups and maintain generous resource and professional development budgets.
We have lead teachers for each age group (infants, toddlers, preschool) a full-time chef plus kitchen support, and a full-time administrator.
The 2IC role is a great opportunity for someone seeking to further their leadership skills and increase their knowledge and experience in the day-to-day running of a highly successful centre.
Key responsibilities include:
- Retaining and leading the team to best practice through coaching and mentoring
- Building occupancy through effective marketing
- Ensuring the centre's curriculum and compliance standards are met
- Ensuring the successful financial performance of the centre
- Managing staff, with sound HR practices
- Maintaining responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of all children and staff.
This all-inclusive role requires a person who can effectively communicate and display a high-level of organisation and professionalism.
What can we offer you?
- A beautiful, well resourced environment
- A robust induction and training programme
- Excellent remuneration
- Ongoing support and advice from a dedicated, experienced, hands-on senior management team
- Childcare discounts.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
- Full teacher registration
- Proven ability to build and manage occupancy
- Ability to proactively manage, mentor and inspire a team; setting goals, offering feedback and celebrating with them when they are achieved
- Proficiency in using self-review to sustain ongoing improvement
- Sound knowledge and understanding of MOE and ERO expectations
- Able to demonstrate a growth mindset.
Hand and Hand Early Learning Centre Kumeu
ECE centre details
371 Main Road, Kumeu
19B Masons Avenue, Herne Bay, Auckland 1011