About the role
This is an outstanding centre manager opportunity for you to bring your strong leadership and operational management skills to lead an amazing teaching team and create an engaging environment for children.
- Providing leadership to create an environment where children's interests and strengths are developed and shared with their whānau
- Managing day-to-day centre operations, including staffing, enrolments and marketing
- Recruiting, inducting, leading and developing a high-quality team
- Managing financial and occupancy goals.
Skills and experience
- ECE qualified (Bachelor or Diploma of Teaching) and fully certificated teacher
- Highly skilled in building strong relationships with parents and attracting new families
- Strong experience in leading and inspiring a teaching team
- Initiative, desire and passion for quality practice standards and commitment to the principles of Te Whāriki
- Strong community engagement experience.
In choosing to work for Barnardos, you will enjoy the benefits of working with a large, respected organisation making a difference for children, whānau and communities.
- Competitive salary
- Quality mentoring and professional development support from a well established leadership team
- Close network of centre managers across the country
- Generous professional time
- Discounted childcare
- Wellness programme, discounts with health providers.
Barnardos is New Zealand's leading children's charity, doing more for Kiwi kids. Every year our services and people make a real and positive difference in the lives of thousands of children, young people and their families.
To view the position description visit - www.barnardos.org.nz/work-for-us
Please only apply if you are eligible to work in New Zealand.
Barnardos Early Learning Centre Otara
ECE centre details
10 Luke Place, Otara, Auckland
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141