Museum education team leader
Tairāwhiti Museum is a much-loved community organisation, committed to sharing the art, culture and history of Tairāwhiti through exhibitions, collections, events and educational programmes.
We are looking for a motivated and inspiring education team leader Pouako Matua to join our team.
Our mission is to utilise the museum’s unique resources to provide rich, learning experiences which support teachers and impact positively on student achievement in Tairāwhiti.
The successful applicant will lead the museum education team to develop, promote and deliver innovative, interactive education programmes in social sciences and the arts as part of the museum’s LEOTC (Learning Experiences Outside the Classroom) service.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A university degree or post-graduate degree or diploma in Education, Māori studies, art, history or other relevant area of study
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in a school, museum or similar environment preferably focused on art or social sciences
- Fluency in te reo and tikanga Māori
- Leadership skills and experience, staff management experience an advantage
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and reasoning skills, including report writing experience
- An interest in innovative and collaborative museum-based learning opportunities, including digital learning
- A strong, positive attitude with a focus on solutions and innovation
- The ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- A demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- A strong understanding of the NZ Curriculum, Key Competencies and modern learning practices
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with programme partners and stakeholders.
This is a permanent, full-time (37½ hours per week) position.