About the role
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to facilitate three sessions a week for our centre. You will work alongside our duty teams to plan session activities, facilitate learning and development for our tamariki using child led play and positive guidance, and write learning stories.
Start date: Position to start asap.
Miramar Playcentre, 23 Crawford Green, Wellington 6022.
9am–1pm 3 mornings a week (Negotiable as to which mornings from Tuesday to Friday).
Skills and experience required
The successful applicant will need:
- A Playcentre Course 3 Playcentre qualification or higher, or an equivalent ECE qualification
- A passion for playcentre and its philosophy
- Knowledge and understanding of how to apply Te Whāriki
- Great communication skills with both adults and children
- Enthusiasm to play with a mixed age range of children from 0–6 years
- Ability to support and empower parents/caregivers on session
- Confidence in incorporating te reo Māori and tikanga on sessions
- A current first aid qualification
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
If interested please email us for further details.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA8NW
ECE centre details
23 Crawford Green, Miramar, Wellington
P O Box 57217, Camborne, Porirua 5247