Nature kindergarten teachers / kaiako
We have opportunities for part-time teachers at our Long Bay and Cornwall Park sites. The positions are based on the forest school model, operating entirely in the outdoors.
Would you like the opportunity to work in a fabulous natural environment with a supportive, and experienced team? Do you enjoy working in, and connecting with nature?
We have been operating and developing this model in Aotearoa for the past 10 years in addition to over 20 years of centre based nature programmes. We offer training and support in this role.
Due to expansion, part-time and relieving positions are now available for passionate, qualified or nearing completion teachers, who would love to work, with children, in the outdoors.
Our philosophy is play based, child led, democratic and respectful; integrating our natural and beach environments as the first teacher.
- Have respectful, supportive communication skills
- Understand the importance of child led play and learning
- Engage with tamariki, kaiako and whānau in meaningful ways
- Enjoy challenge, opportunities, problem solving and learning new skills and ideas
- Undertake portfolios and programme planning to a high standard.
Participate in outdoor nature based ECE training programmes.
How to apply
For further information please phone Iuliana or forward your CV and any relevant information to:
Iuliana Martin, Professional Leader
3 Torkar Rd, Clarks Beach
(027) 230 0424
ECE centre details
3 Torkar Road, Clarks Beach
P O Box 203002, Waiau Pa, South Auckland 2345