Learning support coordinator
The special character cluster, Invercargill are excited to be able to offer a learning support coordinator position to start in term 3.
The position is part of the Ministry of Education's learning support delivery model and will be an exciting new addition of support for children, young people, their families and whānau.
This is a non-teaching role that would be suited to someone with significant experience in working with children and families that have diverse needs.
There are a set of skills that are vital for this position, therefore the person applying need to be able to demonstrate:
- Sound theory-based practice
- Systematic data collection and thinking
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to have difficult conversations in a supportive way
- A sense of humour
- Be child and family-focused
- Be able to make, maintain and at times restore relationships
- The ability to see the positives in all situations – strengths-based approach
- Cool, calm and collected – considered in decisions and actions.
A willingness and ability to support the special character of the schools shall be a condition of appointment.
How to apply
For the job description and information related to this job please email:
Peter Forde, Principal
(027) 491 8694
Vacancy reference #:1HA7G0
435 North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill
435 North Road, Waikiwi, Invercargill, 9810
View on map