We are on the search for an inspiring educator to join our successful school.
Our school enjoys great support from our community. We have a strong family atmosphere, a rich cultural diversity and a positive school environment which reflects our special character.
Our school is well resourced and has access to many community resources to further support our teaching and learning.
You will enjoy working with an experienced teaching staff and children who are eager to learn.
It is a condition of appointment that the person appointed has the capabilities to maintain programmes and activities that reflect the special character of the school.
We want to appoint an experienced leader who:
- Is a life-long learner who is innovative, flexible and forward thinking
- Upholds the vision, values and strategic aims
- Can think strategically and understand the impact of day-to-day decisions on the ‘big picture’ objectives
- Is a team player and collaborative professional who is loyal and ethical
- Is open, approachable and consultative with staff, developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships
- Has the ability to foster strong parent/whānau/community and external agency relationships
- Is an excellent communicator with a positive outlook and a sense of humour
- Is a high expectations practitioner with knowledge of current pedagogy informing practice and proven classroom experience
- Has a growth mind-set for self and others and can manage the delicate balance of supporting and challenging others to grow
- Is a reflective practitioner
- Has an awareness of and positive attitude towards bicultural, multicultural and special education support
- Has the capabilities to maintain programmes and activities that reflect the special character of the school
- Has strong organisational skills are essential, including delegating, developing and following systems
- Has strong self-management skills including effective time management and decision-making
- Is skilled in promoting evidence-based teaching and learning, and supporting teacher inquiry into practice.
St Theresa's School (Invercargill)
161 King Street, Invercargill
161 King Street, Windsor, Invercargill, 9810
View on map