Head teacher preschool
Are you an inspirational leader with the energy and vision to continue raising standards across our centre? Here’s a fantastic leadership opportunity in our preschool team!
Situated just off the main road in a stunning timber building, our centre is in the heart of our community and has community at heart. Our vision ‘Nurturing our Neighbourhood’ is about connecting children to the richness our local neighbourhood and all our people have to offer.
We are looking for a nurturing head teacher who can demonstrate respect, kindness, fun and positivity within their teaching practice. It’s important to us that you are inclusive, passionate and creative about teaching and learning. You will need to be ECE qualified with current certification and above all else, believe in the potential and wellbeing of all children and staff.
Working with a great team of teachers and alongside the centre manager you will demonstrate:
- A genuine passion for working with the preschool age group
- Confidence and commitment to working in collaboration with parents and families
- Keen professional knowledge of planning, assessment and self-review
- An ability to build community and parental engagement
- A strong understanding of Te Whāriki, and commitment to working with staff and parents to achieve continuous improvement and progress
- Enthusiasm towards personal development, particularly regarding team leadership and management.
We’re committed to providing our leaders with ongoing support and professional growth. Our head teachers take part in one of BestStart’s own professional leadership programmes providing the tools you need to succeed. You’ll also have access to awesome benefits including: competitive salary, free medical insurance, subsidised childcare, paid teacher registration and more!
ECE centre details
44 Cutfield Street, Inglewood
P O Box 276177, Manukau City, South Auckland 2241