Tautoko Akoranga / learning support coordinators (2 positions)
In a collaboration across the kura and schools in Ōtaki we are seeking 2 learning support coordinators.
The coordinators will be employed by Ōtaki College on behalf of the collaboration.
These are permanent full-time roles to:
- Support students through building an inclusive school or kura and cluster environment which encourages participation, progress and successful transitions
- Support teachers in schools and kura to lift their capability to better meet the needs of learners, and to strengthen their connections with early learning services
- Support parents and whānau to build better relationships of understanding around learning support and establishing points of contact if needed
- Work across the cluster and wider agencies, to access services and resources to support learners
- Work with the school leadership team to influence and encourage them to support all students to enhance their learning and progress.
Applicants will be registered teachers and have:
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with children and young people with learning support needs in the classroom
- The ability to engage at a school or kura and cluster leadership level
- Influencing skills at a working level within a school or kura and the wider cluster
- Understanding of te ao Māori
- Experience at working with whānau to support learning
- Experience of working across community social services
- A current teaching practising certificate and relevant teaching qualification.
At least one of the appointees needs sufficient skills in te reo Māori to work across the 3 Māori immersion settings in the collaboration.
Full job description is available on:
How to apply:
For further information about this vacancy please contact Andy Fraser, Principal, Ōtaki College: ph (027) 432 8829, email@example.com
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA6TD
Mill Road, Otaki
P O Box 36, Otaki, 5542
View on map