Three of our loved staff are about to head off on maternity leave, leaving us with opportunities to extend our teaching team. We need a registered teacher for our Busy Bees, which caters for 3½–4½-year olds. The room has a teacher:child ratio of 1:7 daily. If you love kindy, this is a perfect opportunity for you to be part of a room full of adventurers who have interests in every direction from sharks to construction to drawing to biking.
Our pride is providing an atmosphere that is welcoming and inspiring for staff and children alike. Experience is good but passion is essential. Staff are our greatest strength and we need further people to join our amazing team. Ongoing training and support for this rewarding environment is crucial and part of the package for all roles. We pay for teacher registration costs and first aid certificates.
All applicants will need to be self-motivated team players that will uphold our visions, values, and philosophy. You will also need to show a history of integrity and display qualities of diplomacy, discretion, and reliability.
Teachers are expected to have demonstrated achievement or capability in the following areas:
- Be caring, compassionate, and empathetic with a genuine interest in the development of children
- Effective verbal and written communication; organisational and prioritising skills
- An ability to use a variety of teaching techniques including, but not limited to, modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing
- Physically able to take on an active, dynamic role that requires plenty of energy and enthusiasm
- Have a flexible and positive attitude and be happy to work closely with others to continually improve our high standard of excellence in childcare.
We take pride in the quality we offer, the supportive teaching ratios, and the inclusive environment we continue to grow and develop.
Cherry Grove Childcare and Family Centre
ECE centre details
95 Napier Road, Havelock North
P O Box 8212, Havelock North 4130