Early learning educator 2–5-year-olds
We are a small community-based preschool in the hear of Bishopdale. We have been providing quality care and education for over 50 years.
We are looking for an experienced teacher who is passionate about supporting us to create an environment where tamariki will thrive and have fun while learning. This role is working in our preschool with our 2–5-year-olds.
Our centre is licensed for 40 children; 8 in the nursery, 32 in the preschool. We have a large well-established outdoor area where the tamariki can explore in a natural setting.
We are looking for a passionate qualified teacher who can support and teach our tamariki in their first steps into a lifelong learning journey. Hours of work would be 8.30am–3.30pm, Monday to Friday (this is for 1 year fixed-term with review at the end of 12 months).
If you are relaxed, calm and have a nurturing nature around tamariki:
- Have the ability to adapt to tamariki 's individual needs and routines
- Have great communication skills
- A fun attitude and willingness to get messy
- The ability to build strong relationships with our tamariki and whānau
- Great time managment and adaptable to change
- Experience with working with 2–5-year-olds
- The ability to take the initative and support tamariki's emerging interests
- Strong planning and assessment skills and IT knowledge – we would love to hear from you!
Consenting Parties Collective.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA5yF
ECE centre details
37 Colesbury Street, Bishopdale, Christchurch
P O Box 20172, Christchurch, Christchurch 8543