Pouhere ako Māori
Kidsfirst is Canterbury Westland Kindergarten Association, Mo nga Tamariki me nga Whānau o Waitaha me tai Poutini, the largest provider of ECE in the South Island. We are looking for a motivated and professional individual to join our team as pouhere ako Māori, in a permanent capacity.
You will be a member of the education team based in our head office responsible for:
- Delivery of active and positive support for the education and teaching teams, consistent with principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga o Te Ao Māori, Ngāi Tahutanga and te reo Māori
- Supporting and guiding Kidsfirst teaching and non-teaching staff to develop and meet teaching and learning goals enabling Māori tamariki to experience success as Māori in our services
- Building depth and understanding of te reo me ngā tikanga Māori across the association to build bicultural practice
- Contributing to achieving the organisation's strategic goals
- Building and strengthening relationships between Kidsfirst and mana whenua.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Knowledge of tikanga o te Ao Māori, Ngāi Tahutanga and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- The ability to work collaboratively and successfully as part of a self-managing team
- A strong socio-cultural philosophy and broad understanding of cultural, social, economic and environmental contexts within which children, their whānau and communities live
- Ability to motivate, inspire and lead others to grow and deepen understanding and knowledge to bring about positive changes in practice
- Experience in establishing and sustaining effective working relationships
- Working with adults as learners
- Ability to develop practical professional learning materials, underpinned by current theories and inspire ongoing improvement
- Sensitive to the ideas and feelings of others as they meet the complexities of teaching
- Travel around the wider Kidsfirst network will be required.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please note that all applications should include a functional CV as per the prescribed document on our website and a cover letter.
(03) 338 1303
Download our application form
ECE centre details