Qualified ELC teacher
Our team has an opening for a qualified ECE teacher. This teacher will have the passion and the ability to teach toddlers as well as the preschool-aged children. Our centre is licensed for 30 children aged from 0 to 5-years-old.
We are a stable and caring team of teachers, extremely innovative and committed to developing our own teaching practices. The centre itself has a wonderful feel to it, and has been attended by a number of parents 2 to 3 times over. We celebrate each and every family relationship we have built, and in turn this has made our working space one of friendship and honesty.
Basically we are looking for those that have the capability, can take up the challenge, but can also take direction from the team in creating a wonderful environment.
What you will need to succeed:
- Hold an ECE teacher qualification valid in New Zealand and hold current registration
- Ability to teach children in a positive, inclusive and nurturing way
- Acknowledge and respect the languages, heritages and cultures of all akonga.
What we can offer you:
- A reserve that is both amazing and inspiring and one that can be explored each and every day
- Lots of excursion possibilities
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Subsidised childcare
- Support and mentorship for teacher registration
- Staff gym membership to the YMCA
- Professional development (in-house and external).
The role is Monday–Friday, 30–40 hours per week.
YMCA Auckland is committed to child protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory police record check before commencement of employment.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA5dc
YMCA Early Learning Centre Massey
ECE centre details
545 Don Buck Road, Massey, Auckland
Victoria Street West Private Bag 92150, Auckland 1142