We are looking for an experienced lead teacher to join our dedicated ECE team in our historic oasis in central Auckland.
You will provide professional leadership and day-to-day supervision of centre staff in addition to supporting the centre manager. We are looking for someone who has strong programme planning, internal relationship management skills, and the ability to strengthen relationships with our team, families and the wider community.
To make life a little easier there is car parking available.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- Passionate about children learning through play
- A fully registered ECE teacher with NZ recognised ECE qualifications, and 5+ years' teaching experience is preferred
- A collaborative, supportive, cohesive and encouraging leader
- Committed to working collaboratively towards the shared goals of our centre
- Focused on building strong relationships with team, tamariki and whānau
- A positive person who brings a sense of fun to engaging in play with our tamariki and teachers
- Knowledgeable about Te Whāriki and, with strengths in planning, assessment and documentation
- Sharing of our organisation's commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
- Competent and comfortable in using ICT as a teaching tool
- Experienced in transition to school programmes.
ECE centre details
381 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland
P O Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141