Infants and toddlers kaiako
We are a team of open-minded, passionate and welcoming kaiako who pride ourselves on providing a safe, warm and loving home-away-from-home for all who come here.
We are a privately owned and operated centre in the heart of Ohaupo, Southern Hamilton, licensed for 65 children.
We are seeking a qualified and registered teacher who has a genuine love of children, is friendly and fun, respectful and a real team player, to join our infants room.
Our infant room is a tight-knit group and you will be working with a great team of 4–5 teachers and up to 12 children between the ages of 0–2 years.
We offer fantastic ratios of 1:4, but strive for most of the day for 1:3.
Offering top-quality and respectful care is a top priority for us, as it will be for you.
Skills and attributes required:
- A genuine, compassionate, kind-hearted personality
- A sound understanding of respectful care practices
- Able to work in a team with passionate teachers
- The ability to see things from multiple perspectives
- A strong value for Te Ao Māori worldview
- Recognise, validate and empower the strengths in others
- Be open to continuous personal and professional growth and development
- Have excellent communication and active listening skills
- Experience in programme planning
- ECE and/or primary teaching certification in NZ (as well as a NZ work permit if required)
- Enjoy a child-led curriculum that is based on fun and real life experiences.
In return we will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Support and mentoring
- Professional development and team building opportunities
- Free childcare for your child
- Teacher registration renewal and first aid paid for by us.
If this role appeals to you, please apply now!
How to apply
Please send your CV and direct enquiries to:
Pauline Breeze, Manager
4 Great Burke Street, Ohaupo 3803
(07) 823 6666
Vacancy reference #:1HA5YT
Grasshoppers Early Learning Centre Ltd
ECE centre details
4 Great Burke Street, Ohaupo
22 Longbow Terrace, Flagstaff, Hamilton 3210