Kairukuruku Tautoko Akoranga / learning support coordinator
In a collaboration across the kura and wharekura in the Tainui Kāhui Ako we are seeking one learning support coordinator.
The coordinator will be employed by TKKM o Tōku Māpih Maurea on behalf of the collaboration.
These are roles to:
- Support students through building an inclusive school or kura and cluster environment which encourages participation, progress and successful transitions
- Support teachers in schools and kura to lift their capability to better meet the needs of learners, and to strengthen their connections with early learning services
- Support parents and whānau to build better relationships of understanding around learning support and establishing points of contact if needed
- Work across the cluster and wider agencies, to access services and resources to support learners
- Work with school leadership team to influence and encourage them to support all students to enhance their learning and progress.
Applicants will be registered teachers and have:
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with children and young people with learning support needs in the classroom
- The ability to engage at a kura, wharekura and cluster leadership level
- Influencing skills at a working level a kura, a wharekura and the wider cluster
- Good command of te reo me ngā tikanga Māori
- Experience at working with whānau to support learning
- Experience of working across community social services
- A current teaching practising certificate and relevant teaching qualification.
Applicants will need appropriate skills and ability in te reo Māori to work across kura and wharekura.
Full job description is available on: conversation.education.govt.nz/assets/LSC/Learning-Support-Coordinator-Role-Description.pdf
How to apply
Please email your CV and direct enquiries to:
Laura Hawksworth, Tumuaki
Box 23-017, Hamilton
(07) 856 8266
Vacancy reference #:1HA5Uu
TKKM o Toku Mapihi Maurea
137 Silverdale Road, Hillcrest, Hamilton
P O Box 23017, Dalesford, Hamilton, 3254
View on map