Head teacher 3-6-year-olds
Our preschool is now requiring a head teacher to lead our purpose-built Montessori preschool room.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your leadership skills. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated self-starter to be an integral part of the team.
As a head teacher you would be responsible for overseeing teaching practice and curriculum together in your room. The successful candidate would be responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of 4, building close relationships with whānau/parents and the local community, driving the delivery of quality education and care and ensuring compliance standards are achieved.
The ideal candidate:
- A passionate Montessori teacher with good leadership, communication and team skills. New Zealand teacher certification and AMI training preferred
- A calm, pleasant and confident manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Impeccable organisation skills and attention to detail
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Confidence in your ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1HA54r
ECE centre details
52 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch
79A Middleton Road, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch 8041