National assessment moderator
We are looking for a full-time national assessment moderator, design and visual communication.
The assessment and moderation team is responsible for the quality assurance of internal assessment that takes place in schools and tertiary providers for credit towards national certificates.
The role of the national assessment moderator is to ensure that the internal assessment for qualifications in design and visual communication is highly credible and consistent with the national standard.
In this role, you will:
- Moderate internally assessed design and visual communication standards
- Produce moderation reports for providers
- Develop assessment resources such as exemplars and clarifications
- Facilitate best practice workshops
- Provide advice and guidance on assessment and quality of internal assessment.
The role requires skills and experience in:
- Management of people in a high-performing team environment
- National or regional creditability as an educational professional
- Close links with other teachers, e.g. a member of the New Zealand Institute, subject associations, etc
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
This is an exciting and career-enhancing opportunity. As a national assessment moderator, you will have the opportunity to work with other moderators to ensure fair, valid and consistent assessment against national standards.
You must understand the principles of standards-based assessment and have a working knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum, the New Zealand Qualifications Framework and the NCEA.
You must have recognised teaching and assessment expertise in your subject/s in New Zealand. You should also have recent experience with moderation of assessment judgements in a school setting. Please state the supporting subjects you could work in.
NZQA may consider you working from locations other than the Wellington office such as a working from home agreement.
New Zealand Qualifications Authority
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)