Assistant head teacher
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic assistant head teacher. GHCEC is a community-based, not-for-profit childcare based at Gisborne Hospital.
We are looking for a great leader who will be passionate about our centre philosophy; promoting positive outcomes for all children and encouraging play and fun as meaningful ways to foster learning and development.
A leader who is passionate, committed and spirited, who has a sense of humour and fun would complement the current team.
We seek a professional individual with:
- Early childhood teacher qualifications, including full registration with the New Zealand Teaching Council
- Pedagogical leadership skills
- Minimum of 3 years' management experience
- Proven ability to manage workflow through being well-organised and flexible in approaching day-to-day activities
- Willingness to maintain sector knowledge and identify own educational and personal development needs; this includes the understanding of ECE legislation, ERO and MOE requirements, policies and procedures that impact on centre operations and educational programmes
- Commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and informing bicultural practice is essential
- Commitment to sharing knowledge, listening and learning with other staff
- Capacity to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledge of the APT software system
- Willingness to address challenges in a positive and proactive manner
- Flexibility, enthusiastic and responsive to change.
In this exciting role you will be accountable for supporting the head teacher to lead teaching practice and ensure the environment provides quality early childhood education.
If this sounds like the right adventure for you, then apply today!
How to apply
Please email a letter of application, CV and references to:
Jessee Pomare, Office Manager
(06) 869 0543
Vacancy reference #:1HA4h9
Gisborne Hospital Childcare & Education Centre Inc
ECE centre details
423 Ormond Road, Mangapapa, Gisborne
423 Ormond Road, Gisborne, Gisborne 4010