Head teacher: salary scale K2
Northland Kindergarten Association (NKA) is seeking an experienced and motivated head teacher to lead a committed team of teachers at Dargaville Kindergarten, Hokianga Road, Dargaville in Northland.
Our kindergarten has a team of 5 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 40 children between two and six years of age. The children who attend this kindergarten come from the wider northern Kaipara district.
Northland Kindergarten Association is seeking applications from qualified, experienced teachers who have the following attributes:
- Experience with leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Pedagogical leadership and knowledge
- Vision and a forward focus
- Is able to establish authentic professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Is self-motivated, have initiative and is able to work collaboratively with others
- Is a good communicator with all members of the wider kindergarten community
- Has a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community.
Our kindergarten is part of a network of 22 kindergartens within the NKA. The Kindergarten is supported by a professional practice and management team.
Northland Kindergarten Association adheres to the employment conditions as offered in the kindergarten teachers, head teachers and senior teachers Collective Agreement 2019–2022.
Applicants must hold a recognized NZ ECE qualification, current practicing certificate, and first aid certificate.
How to apply
Email applications to: email@example.com or post to:
Carol Wati, Appointments Secretary, Northland Kindergarten
Box 4005, Kamo 0141
(09) 4359 099 extn 2
ECE centre details
Portland Street, Dargaville
P O Box 4005, Kamo, Whangarei 0141