We are looking for a motivated team member to become a kaiako at our kōhanga reo. If you are passionate about working in a dynamic Māori environment, and believe you have the skills and experience to join our team please get in touch.
We are in Ngāruawāhia. Our kōhanga reo is part of the Turangawaewae Marae complex. We have a child-friendly learning environment and whānau are committed to the education and wellbeing of their tamariki.
A kaiako will be the key port of call for all tamariki, whānau and visitors to the kōhanga. They will promote aroha, manaaki and tiaki between tamariki, kaimahi, whānau, hapū and iwi. The kaiako will support our kaimahi to deliver our curriculum and engage with our tamariki throughout the course of their duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for working with tamariki, kaimahi, whānau, hapū and iwi
- A Te Tohu Whakapakari and/or ECE qualification
- At least 5 years' experience working with tamariki
- A high level of te reo Māori me ōnā Tikanga
- An energetic and motivated outlook to assist in the daily operations of our kōhanga
- A positive outlook; be a reliable, honest and flexible team player
- Confidence, be collaborative, and have a natural rapport with people
- An ability to communicate effectively
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, a willingness to learn.
It is also preferred that you:
- Have a current police vetting clearance
- Hold a current first aid certificate
- Have any other relevant experience or Tohu that would bring additional strength to our team.
How to apply
Email a cover letter, CV and completed employment application form to:
Box 188, Ngāruawāhia
(027) 701 1283
Vacancy reference #:1HA46i
ECE centre details
Turangawaewae Marae River Road, Ngaruawahia
P O Box 38741, Wellington Mail Centre, Lower Hutt 5045