Early learning teacher
This centre is a not-for profit, purpose-built centre on Ferry Road in Christchurch. Having an environment that supports the growth and development of each and every member of our team, we are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, committed, fun-loving teacher to join our fantastic, inspiring team.
We provide quality care for children of families from the Teen Parent Unit and our local community. We are a small centre with a maximum of 50 children aged from 3 months to 5 years and are committed to providing a ‘home-away-from-home’ environment where relationships are respected, nurtured and valued.
We offer great ratios, attractive rates of pay and other benefits such as ongoing professional development that support both your personal and professional development.
We are looking for a qualified and registered ECE teacher to join our small and friendly team. You will need to demonstrate recent experience of working in the early childhood sector, have a strong understanding of Te Whāriki 2017 and have a passion for teaching and learning.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and time management
- Be able to work collaboratively to provide quality education and care
- Be able to show initiative and provide support to other teachers
- Support and encourage children and their learning
- Be able to build positive relationships with the children, whānau and our team
- Have an outgoing, friendly and caring personality
- Be flexible to work in all areas.
Applicants will need to hold a minimum Dip Tch (ECE) and full registration.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Kimihia Early Learning Centre
ECE centre details
521 Ferry Road, Linwood, Christchurch
P O Box 19528, Christchurch 8241